The UK National Commission for UNESCO (UKNC) is the focal point in the UK for UNESCO-related policies and activities.
As an independent organisation the UKNC brings together a network of experts from across the UK in the fields of education, culture, sciences and communication.
Working in partnership with UK Government, UK civil society and UNESCO the UKNC's priorities are:
- Independent policy advice to government in the fields of UNESCO's competence
- Supporting the government's reform and effectiveness agenda at UNESCO
- Providing advice and support to UK individuals and institutions seeking UNESCO accreditation and nominations
Pages in this section
- Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors, led by the Chair of the National Commission, provides overall governance, strategic leadership and oversight for the organisation.
- National Commissions for UNESCO
- National Commissions are unique to UNESCO in the UN system. There are 197 of us, set up by Member States to engage civil society in UNESCO's work
- About UNESCO
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a UN Specialized Agency which contributes to peace and security by promoting collaboration among nations through education, culture, sciences, and communication.
- UNESCO in the UK
- The UK played a key role in establishing UNESCO and continues shape the Organization and its work today
- Staff, internship, consultant, membership and other vacancies with the UK National Commission for UNESCO.
- Contact Us
- Get in touch with the UK National Commission for UNESCO Secretariat by phone or email
- Members Section
- Password protected section for members of the UK National Commission Board, Committees and Working Groups