Joining UNESCO Associated Schools
By joining UNESCO Associated Schools your school can:
- Part of a global network of schools directly linked with the UN system
- Participate in seminars and conferences in the UK and internationally
- Diploma signed by the UNESCO Director General to display in your school
- Receive teaching materials on the UN system and global issues
- Regular newsletters with updates on resources and activities
- Access materials developed by various UN organisations
- Take part in 10 international flagship projects on themes such as Transatlantic Slave Trade, intercultural dialogue, sustainable development and world heritage
- Access to expert speakers on UN issues
It is easy to join UNESCO Associated Schools in the UK. Simply complete the application form, outlining how the values of UNESCO will be integrated within the curriculum at your school and how you are planning to take forward one or more of the four UNESCO study themes. Schools are encouraged to use their students’ own environment, concerns and aspiration to guide project plans.
"Our partnership with Zanzibar has enhanced the global dimension in subjects across the curriculum. This is real life global Citizenship."- Teacher, Wales / Zanzibar partnership
Download the application form and guidelines note from the documents sidebar.
For further information about membership, please contact Robert Parrington, UK National Coordinator for UNESCO Associated Schools:
- R.Parrington [at] kingston.ac.uk