The UK and Ireland 2015 shortlisted candidates have been announced. They are:
- Dr Paola Crippa, University of Newcastle for her work in Atmospheric Science (Enironmental Engineering)
- Dr Joanne Durgan, Babraham Institute Cambridge, Cell Biology
- Dr Aarti Jagannath, University of Oxford, Physiology
- Dr Tríona Ní Chonghaile, University College Dublin, Cancer Biology
- Dr Rebecca Marie Pearson, University of Bristol, Psychopathology, (Computational Neuroscience)
- Dr Konstantine Skourti-Stathaki, University of Edinburgh, Molecular Biology
- Dr Rita Tojeiro, University of St Andrews, Astrophysics
- Dr Rimona Weil, University College London, Neuroscience
The five Fellows for 2015 will be named on 23rd June at the Royal Society.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO UK & Ireland Fellowships encourage post-doctoral level women in science to continue to pursue their research at a critical point in their career by providing flexible financial aid as well as science communications and media training. Similar National Fellowships are run in 46 countries around the world.